Montag, 22. November 2010

Being sick makes one grumpy Merle Perle


Once again a month has passed and I have failed to write more about what is on my mind... but juggeling life with all it's wonderfull, amazing and stressfull aspects turns out to be less easy than one thought!!!
The weekend consisted of me getting sick once again and Montréal's rather sad Santa Parade – I've gotta say I really miss Glühwein auf dem Hamburger Weihnachtsmarkt...
Snow has not yet hit the city and todays lovely drizzling rain just added to my personal comfort, soar body and a light pain in the head – could it get any better? But I think I should stop feeling sorry for myself, cause really, I am still in this amazing city and in less than a month I get to return to Hamburg for two weeks, which I will spend eating as much cheese as i possibly can! Because honestly as great as this place is, how much can you charge for a good cheese??? and while we're on it how much can you charge for bad cheese???

And since this kind of seems to be me on a roll how much can one charge for wine??? I have honestly taken it for granted to not have to spend 10 $ on a let's put it nicely average bottle of wine!
But thanks to lovely packages from home, and investing in some decent wine and cheese Pia and I managed to have a real night of treats!
I survived Halloween Madness as Go Go Yubari from Kill Bill and Daisy from The Great Gatsby – Yes I went all the way and had two different costumes ;) But I was just going with the Zeitgeist you know :P

"Zeitgeist" seems to be a word that one is hunted by studying and living in this country – I don't think I've even heard this word as often in my whole life as I've heard it in the past few months, and when I saw someone reading the Zeitgeist-Newpaper I just had to sneakily take a photo! Yep to a stranger I might have seemed like a PI or your average stalker but I just couldn't holg back!!!
And now it's late and I need to sleep but I promise I'll try to be more active on writing, and maybe a little more coherent I just realized that my short little text was more of a blurb of thoughts! So that was it from the other side for tonight, thanks for reading and please tune in the next time we’re on bisous Merle-Perle

P.S. movie tip of the week: Bella Martha (yes I am in desperate need of some culinary culture)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen