So after another very intense period of paper writing my academic experience is over, and I have six weeks left... way too little time to do all the things I still need to do! But I am sure that this is not the last Montréal has seen of me!
Am I ready to return home? no, but then can one ever be ready? so I guess I am as ready as I could be after a crazy time in montreal!
Sitting across my lovely Mia in one of montréal's cute cafés on st denis I can not believe that soon we will not be able to do this anymore!! I know all things have to come to an end, and we got a taste of that before christmas when oh so many people left, but back then it was all so surreal to us, as we had months of this year left and once again I realize time is relative! The weather is matching my funny state of mind as it's rainy yet it feels like the sun wants to break through the clouds ... and while I am dreading the thought of leaving, as I am in that pink state of mind of living in one of the most amazing cities in the world soon having to return home, it's also exciting to come back...
The past few weeks were filled with many lasts, some firsts but mainly full of fun!!
Last classes, last papers, last coffee with Bethany at café neve (and if you ever come to Montréal go there and have one of their AMAZINGLY delicious cookies!!!)...

Followed by my first ever Cabine à sucre (in a nutshell this means lots of food paired with booze and even more maple syrup; which leads to a day of a blood sugar level next to zero...).
First easter ever without the family (thanks to my amazing university programm substituded with a very delicious easter brunch in lovely company!!)
Now that classes and papers are done, I am facing a strange new vacuum of NOTHING to do... a strange freedom I didn't get to enjoy in a really long time! And the plans so far: drinking as much coffee at as many different cafés of Montréal as possible, watch many many movies (attempting to shorten that long list of shame of films I still need to see), maybe attempt some more writing possibly about some of the crazies Montréal has to offer, enjoy the parcs, the sun (that will have to return at some point!!), the people so basically try to take in ever second of the time I still have (and yes this blog entry has had a rather strange feeling of Weltuntergang to it and I apologize for that, but I am feeling a bit overdramatic these days! I blame it on all the lasts, firsts and spring craziness, as this winter has had a rather depressing impact and I finally feel like there is somewhat of life back!! I honestly did not know you could get this excited about plus temperatures and the sun breaking through the clouds)
And I think some of my Andrea is coming to Montréal tomorrow excitement might have influenced some of these lines as well, but how can I not be crazy about this... it has been yet another three years since we last saw each other and I can not wait for these next few days that I will get to spend time together again. Alright I will stop this craziness before I start to freak myself out with being way to chipper for my own good! And I shall leave you all to happy thoughts with the movie-to-watch, this blog-entries choice: Machan by Uberto Pasolini; I will not spoil any content, just watch it, if you're in the mood for something light, something fun!
So that was it from the other side for tonight, thanks for reading and please tune in the next time we’re on bisous Merle-Perle
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen